With the innovative Glomeasy series, GLOMEX has created a range of antennas and accessories as a comprehensive modular system, ideal for replacing broken antennas/components, as well as for refits or new-builds. Glomeasy components can be assembled according to requirements and are "plug & play", without the need for special tools or irritating cables/plugs. All antennas in the Glomeasy series have a high quality FME connector. The matching low-loss RG 8X antenna cables are equipped with high-quality FME connectors on both sides and are available in different lengths. A large number of adapters enables connection to all conceivable devices and the extensive range of matching antenna mounts, tilting bases, etc. makes installing the antennas easy.
The Glomeasy series includes a range of antennas for different areas of application:
(74431) FM marine radio antenna RA300FME / 1.2 m
(73761) FME VHF stainless steel antenna RA106 / 0,9 m
(73759) AIS Funkantenne mit GFK Strahler RA300 / FME / 1,2 m
(74447) Recieving Antenna for USW Car Radio RA300FM
(74476) RA300DAB DAB Antenna
How best to use the Glomeasy modular system:
1. Select the appropriate antenna for the desired function.
Note: Radio receiving antennas or AIS antennas cannot be used as marine antennas!
2. Select the required mounting material.
The antennas are not supplied with any mounting equipment. There is a 5/8" male thread (Ø approx. 16 mm, nickel-plated brass) at the lower end of the antenna.
1. To continue using the existing mounting bracket, please contact us. This is possible if it has a 16 mm hole.
To mount the antenna, you will need the nut/washer set (25707).
2. If you would like to install a new mast bracket (73763). (This also includes nut and washer)
On request, the L-shaped mounting bracket RA106BRACKINOX-L is also available.
3. To mount the antenna on a standard antenna holder with 1"-14 male thread, you will need the RA358 adapter (74432).
Make sure that the RG8X antenna cable (Ø 6 mm) AND the FME plug (Ø 9 mm) are fed through this holder.
4. If you would like to mount the antenna on a tilting base, use the RA135 tilting base (73762).
If you prefer a stainless steel version, use the combination of RA107SSFME ratched mount (80229) and RA358 adapter (74432).
5. To extend the antenna and use it on a motor boat, the antenna with its 5/8 "thread is screwed directly into the 1.2 m RA 301 extension (73760).
Important: The extension has a 1"-14 female thread at the lower end and can be mounted on commercially available antenna holders or the RA107SSFME tilting base (80229)
For commercially available antenna holders, the RG8X antenna cable (Ø 6 mm) AND the FME connector (Ø 9 mm) must be fed through this holder.
3. Select the appropriate length of RG8X or radio receiver cable to match the antenna.
The ready-made RG8X cables are available in lengths of 3, 6, 12, 18, 24 and 30 m (74474, 74452, 74453, 74454, 74455, 74475).
The ready-made radio-receiving cables are available in lengths of 6, 18 and 25m (74471, 74472, 74473).
4. Do you need a thru deck fitting or adapter for antenna cables?
1. A simple thru-deck fitting is the GLOMEX RA105 (74450) in conjunction with the FME / PL259 adapter RA352 (74469).
A higher quality alternative is the SHAKESPEARE ACC105 (74428) in conjunction with the FME / N adapter (73756).
2. If there are problems with the lengths of ready-made RG8X antenna cables for the planned thru-deck fitting point, we recommend using the SCANSTRUT DS16-P cable passage (14156). The antenna cable can be safely and water tightly fed through this under deck and connected by adapter to the cable or directly to the device.
3. If all else fails, you can also cut the RG8X antenna cable to length and fit it with a SHAKESPEARE PL259 connector (80231).
4. The car radio connection cables for the RA300 FM radio reception antenna are also pre-fitted with FME and MOTOROLA plugs and are available in 6, 18 and 25 m lengths (74471, 74472, 74473). If required, a 10 m extension cable is available (74490)
5. Choose the right adapter or installation material
With the right adapter, different end devices or existing antennas can easily be connected with the RG8X antenna cable.
When making your selection, make sure that the respective adapter is for a plug (= m = male) or a socket (= f = female)!
(74469) RA352 FME / PL259 male, m / m
(74468) RA351 FME / SO29 (PL) female, f / f
(73756) RA354 FME / N plug m / m,
(73782) FME / N jack, f / f
(74466) RA355 FME / BNC connector, m / m
(21268) RA356 FME / TNC connector, m / m
(74477) RA362 FME / SMB male / female, m / f
(74489) RA371 FME / Fakra Z adapter / coupling, m / f
(74470) FME / FAKRA Z connector / coupling, m / f, 20 cm pigtail
(74467) RA357 FME / FME connector, m / m
(73783) FME / FME connector, f / f
(73712) SO239 (PL) Connector, f / f
(24562) N-connector, f / f
(73755) BNC connector, f / f
(80232) SHAKESPEARE cable connector, suitable for RG8X and RG58, crimp & solderless mounting, splash-proof
(80231) SHAKESPEARE PL259 Plug, PL-259-CP-G, for RG8X and RG58, crimp & solderless mounting, splash proof
(80230) RA353 PL259 Connector for RG8X, crimp / solder type
Thru-deck fittings / plug connectors / mounting accessories / antenna switches
(74450) GLOMEX RA105 thru-deck fitting, SO239 (PL) sockets, in combination with adapter RA352 (74469).
(74428) SHAKESPEARE ACC105 Cover connector, N socket, in conjunction with the FME / N adapter (73756).
(14156) SCANSTRUD DS16-P cable passage
(73789) RA138 cable protection grommet
(95341) RA201 Antenna switch for marine antennas for simultaneous reception of VHF signals, AIS data and radio