Connecting to the boat
Wireless connectivity allows you to connect the GPSMAP 86i to compatible Garmin multifunction displays. You can receive real-time ship data directly to your handset or conveniently operate autopilots or FUSION marine products. When you're on the move, the customisable GPS filter adjusts the speed and heading readings in swell to improve tracking accuracy.
Stay connected globally with GPSMAP 86i thanks to integrated inReach satellite technology and additional service options. You can send and receive two-way SMS messages, track and share your route, and make an interactive SOS emergency call when needed to get help from a 24x7 global monitoring centre via the Iridium satellite network with 100% global coverage. Receive weather forecasts directly on the device and make informed decisions based on field or destination conditions.
Optional BlueChart g3 charts
You can add a BlueChart g3 coastal chart using the microSD card slot, providing industry-leading coverage, clarity and detail with integrated data from Garmin and Navionics®. A global base chart is pre-installed.
Detailed depth contours allow you to see up to 0.3 meters of contours, making it easier to visualise bottom structures. The result is optimised fishing charts and additional details for marshes, channels and harbour maps.
Get Smart Notifications directly on your GPSMAP 86i handset when paired with your compatible smartphone. You can also sync your GPSMAP 86i device with the Garmin Explore-Portal to manage your favourite waypoints, tracks, and routes in the cloud. The GPSMAP 86i device supports WLAN, ANT+ technology, and Bluetooth wireless technology so you can easily update and connect wirelessly. For long journeys, a built-in lithium battery provides up to 35 hours of battery life in 10-minute tracking mode.
Features at a glance
- Water-resistant, floatable, easy to read even in sunlight, 3 inch display, button operation for easy use on the water
- Stream ship data from compatible chartplotters and instruments to consolidate information from your marine system
- Always connected with inReach satellite communications and two-way SMS via Iridium satellite network with 100% global coverage (satellite subscription required)
- Serves as remote control for convenient operation of your Garmin autopilot and selected FUSION marine products
- Supports optional BlueChart g3 charts
- Adjustable GPS filter for smoothing speed and heading displays in rough seas
- Pair with your compatible smartphone to receive smart notifications
- Sun and moon calendars
- Hunting and fishing calendar
- Area calculation
Travel charger and bag included!
With the included charger and sturdy bag, you will be all set for your trip. The adapter plugs can be connected to the European, British and Northern Irish power networks.
|Display resolution||240 x 400 px|
|Battery Life||Up to 35 hours in 10-minute tracking mode; up to 200 hours in expedition mode|
|Garmin Connect compatible||Yes|
- GPSMAP 86i handset with worldwide base chart
- Mount with power supply
- Travel charger
- Wrist strap
- USB to micro USB cable
- USB to 2-pin cable
- Mounting kit
Customers ask customers
Your question will be automatically forwarded to other SVB customers and your question will be published on the product page. Please do not pose any questions which can only be answered by the SVB team – such as the status of an order or product availability. You are also more than welcome to contact our SVB team by email at: email@example.com or by phone at: +49 (0)421-57290-0 .