Yield : 1 liter can cover about 2 m², 4 liters can cover about 8 m².
KIWI Grip is available in two colors: white and gray.
Tips & Tricks:
- Apply KiwiGrip to a sealed surface to prevent water and solvents from entering. Avoid solvents such as acetone and paint thinner
- Avoid using in direct sunlight as it will raise the temperature of your deck and cause the paint to dry too quickly and make the job more difficult. KiwiGrip can be diluted with up to 10% water, which slows down the drying process
- Remove the masking tape as long as KiwiGrip is still wet, so you get a nice, clean edge
- Test the product on another surface (eg plywood or cardboard) to find out the optimal application technique
- Apply small areas to the deck first. If you do not like the result, KiwiGrip can be easily removed with a damp cloth
- Old Gel Coat Surface: Scrub the old flooring with a stainless steel wire brush and a good degreasing soap to remove oxidation, dirt and oil. A means of removing old wax residue is required if the surface has been waxed within the last 5 years.
- Polyester or epoxy fiberglass: If the polyester contains wax, it must be completely washed off with a dewaxing agent. Then sand the surface with a grain size of 60-100. For degreasing, use soap and water
- Aluminum and Steel: Metals require a primer to protect the underlying metal from rust or corrosion. KiwiGrip is compatible with all primers. KiwiGrip will bond with an epoxy primer if the epoxy hasn't cured (should be slightly sticky). If you are not priming, treat the surface with 100-220 grit sandpaper and wipe it with a damp cloth at least 3 times.
- Wood: Wood requires a coat or seal before application to prevent water or other solvents from entering. Use a primer without silicone. Then sand the surface with 100-220 grit and wipe it with a damp cloth at least 3 times to remove any dust.
- Tiles, marble and porcelain: The surface must be free of oil or soap-lather. A cleansing with a degreasing soap is sufficient. Wipe off dust afterwards.
- Vinyl flooring: Clean the flooring with a dewaxing agent, then roughen with 80-150 grit sandpaper and remove any gloss. Wipe off at least 3 times with a damp cloth.
- The drying time is temperature and humidity dependent. After about 4 hours, the surface can be recoated again. High humidity increases the drying time. The product hardens within 48 hours, but is still slightly rubbery.
- If re-coating is required, remove all surface contamination with soap. Sanding is not required if you use the same application technique as before.
Klanten kopen ook
Customers ask customers
Your question will be automatically forwarded to other SVB customers and your question will be published on the product page. Please do not pose any questions which can only be answered by the SVB team – such as the status of an order or product availability. You are also more than welcome to contact our SVB team by email at: email@example.com or by phone at: +49 (0)421-57290-0 .