MEGA fuse holders and fuses are ideal for protecting devices and cables with high nominal currents. The fuse holders are extremely robust and can also be used in harsh conditions due to the high-quality materials. MEGA fuses are available separately.
The fuse holder is suitable for in-line installation, i.e.. as a fuse block in a movable cable.
It is compatible with MEGA fuses up to 300 A. The supplied cable lugs fit flexible cables up to 35 mm² (crimped), soldered up to 50 mm² and also hold the M8 threaded studs in position, due to their shape, so that only a 13 mm ring or open ended spanner is required to fix the fuse inserts. Once the fuse has been fitted, the two black polyamide housing parts are simply plugged together and held precisely and securely by the integrated snap noses. Dimensions (LxWxHx): approx. 123 x 34 x 25 mm, stud Ø: M8. Fuses not included. These are available separately.
- 2x crimp cable lugs for 10-20 mm² wire cross-section
- 2x crimp cable lugs for 25-35 mm² wire cross-section.
- 50 mm² cables cannot be reliably pressed, must be soldered.
- Before soldering, shape the two side lugs of the cable lug wire holder into a ring. Shorten or widen this opening so that the stripped 50 mm² wire fits into it. Use a powerful soldering iron to solder the cable, keeping the working time as short as possible, thus to prevent the cable insulation from melting.
- If possible, use the supplied cable lugs and ideally use a suitable crimping tool (B-/F-crimping). (We do not stock crimping pliers, they are available from well-stocked specialist tool shops).
- If cable lugs from other sources are used, it may not be possible to connect the housing reliably during final assembly. Our tip: check this before pressing the cables together.
- Have 13 mm and 16 mm open-end spanners ready for assembly.
Customers ask customers
Your question will be automatically forwarded to other SVB customers and your question will be published on the product page. Please do not pose any questions which can only be answered by the SVB team – such as the status of an order or product availability. You are also more than welcome to contact our SVB team by email at: email@example.com or by phone at: +49 (0)421-57290-0 .